Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Many Ways to Bond......

Arriving home at 7pm after work, it gives me limited amount of time to spend with my kids before they head for the bed by 9.30pm. But last night I think I managed to make the most it.As I stood at the island in my kitchen, preparing fish and chips for dinner, my son came running asking if he can help. Readily, I said "yeah....sure you can...come on...sprinkle some salt on the fish." Then came my two year old pretty princess who cleverly took her stool to the sink, stood on it and tried to wash her cup and several utensils in the sink, I just let her enjoy that moment of independence washing, playing with water while I and my son continued with our fish and chips. We didn't just cook, we chatted as well, with my son telling me about his day and the things he did and encountered. My typical evening of preparing dinner turned out to be such a fulfilling moment besides preparing a wholesome meal seasoned with love and joy for my family, it was a time for us to bond with them plus At the same time, I get free help without yelling or shouting; a good way to instill altruism in children.

Have you experience this before? Wasn't it such a pleasant and memorable moment? Working mothers often find it hard juggling the many roles and responsibilities. With the ever increasing demand from work, we often find it difficult to have quality time with our children, to be able to bond with them, to inculcate values and morals in them. Though this is the situation, with some twist and good time management, we can do it. Take every opportunity you have like the above to bring your child closer to you. From what I see here, you don't just kill two birds with a stone, in fact more! Isn't this good? I say WHY NOT?

Go! Be creative and enjoy your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment